What ho, Wee Readers! Yes it’s happened, I’ve gotten an award. Finally some acknowledgment on how awesome I am. I’d just like to thank my Mum and my Dad for Home Educating me, and my brother for providing an intellectual sparing partner, and all the friends who had the common sense not to get in my way during my rise to the top. But most of all I’d like to thank Autumn from Mischief and Mjolnir who is the wonderful blogger who nominated me. Seriously go check out and follow her amazing blog right now, or I shall think much less of you from this day onwards.
Okay so acknowledments over, what is the Sunshine Blogger Award?
The Sunshine Blogger Award is an award given to creative, positive and cheerful bloggers by their peers as a token of appreciation and admiration. (Which considering some of my more depressing blogs, I’m a little shocked I got nominated for. Happy, but a little surprised.)
- Thank the person who nominated you and provide a link back to him/her. (Check)
- Answer 11 questions provided by the blogger who nominated you. (Double Check)
- Nominate 11 other bloggers and ask them 11 new questions. (Mwahhahaha! *cough* I mean, sensible laugh that’s not worrying to my nominees at all.)
- Notify the nominees by commenting on one of their blog posts.
- List the rules and display the Sunshine Blogger Award logo on your blog post.
- What would be your dream job?
A published novelist
- What big thing would you love to do if you had the means?
Buy the Woods and the Loch by my house.
- If a genie gave you three wishes, what would you wish for?
Wish Number One: to have Mum’s health back.
Wish Number Two: to have my books published and successful
Wish Number Three: to be able to watch the Mandalorian without paying for it (damn you Disney and your malicious ability to provide excellence).
- If you had the opportunity to change the world, how would you do it?
Change Trump into a wooden doll.
- What would you do with a million dollars?
*cracks knuckles* Buy a plane and travel round the world. Buy a castle. Buy a mansion in Italy. Buy tickets to Hamilton and Come from Away. There’s too much to choose! Darn, am I only suppose to pick one, then fine…pay my taxes, and according to JK Rowling become a saint.
- What would you name your pet dragon?
As I am a firm believer of the inverse law of pet naming – which states that the more fierce the pet, the cuter the name, and vice versa – I here by name my pet dragon: Mr. Tickles.
- Would you rather time travel to the past or to the future? Why?
Hmm, that’s a hard question, indeed. I do so love history, but there’s the issue of what if you kill your grandparents accidentally. You could stop yourself from being born. And believe me, considering my currently living grandparents, it would be a very hard thing not to kill them, should I ever encounter them in the past. Yet if I go any further than that I’m sure to be hung as a witch. So, it must be to the future I go. Yet even that has its dangers, for if you see what’s going to happen to you, or the world in the future – once you’re home how will you ever be sure that you’re not undoing that timeline with your every action? So if I were to time travel at all, it must be to the future, and it must be a one way trip.
- What word would your friends use to describe you?
- What’s your favouratie candy?
Fox’s Glacier Mints
- What’s your favorite song?
It changes daily – today it is Word Up by The BossHoss, but who knows what it’ll be tomorrow.
- What are the greatest gifts God has given you this year?
While I’m not particularly religious, so probably wouldn’t phrase it like that, I can understand when a good thing has happened to me – here are some of them:
- My mum coming home from the hospital.
- Getting a 73 on my last assignment, when I’d been certain I’d failed it.
- Getting my newest short story published – despite many people turning their noses up at the Scots’ dialect of the characters.
- Just how many people have been reading and enjoying my blog.
My Nominees’ Questions
- Who is your favorite author?
- If you could rule one of these five fictional/mythical lands: the Galaxy of Star Wars, King Arthur’s Britain, Westeros, Middle-Earth or Discworld – which one would it be and why?
- If you had the powers of a god, what would you do with them?
- Which famous historical figure would you have round to dinner?
- You’ve been abducted by aliens, and they demand that you take them to your leader – who do you take them to?
- If there was a film made of your life story, which famous actor would you want to play you?
- If you were trapped in a historical time (presumably your time machine has malfunctioned) what period would you be most likely to survive in?
- What is your favorite kind of weather and why?
- Chocolate or Caramel?
- If you could turn into any mythical creature, which one would it be?
- Who are you most grateful to in your life?
Linda Gukicova at Some Photoblog
moviefanman at Movie Fan Man: Cinema Connoisseur
Eunice C. English at My Parkinson’s Diary
Mia Winhertt at A struggling Author – My Journey with You
JoAnna at Anything is possible
amymayj at Sassy Cat Lady
Widdershims at Widdershim Worlds
joanne the geek
Whitneyibeblog at Whitney Ibe Blog!…Always with You
If you’ve enjoyed this touting of my own horn, don’t forget to follow the wee blog if you haven’t already. You can also follow me on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, Tumblr and Goodreads. Also check out Mischief and Mjolnir, and my Nominees’ blogs – they’re really worth a check out. Until next time, My Wee Readers, have a bonny day.
Just a brief note before we leave, if you’ve enjoyed this and other posts like it on the Wee Writing Lassie, why not buy me a Wee Cup of Coffee, or drop me a tip over on Ko-fi. Which is linked to the image below.